Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Movement with imperfections

Been a while since I have posted a blog. Somehow, the more I postpone, the more difficult it becomes for me to get back to it, as if length of absence from a task is directly proportional to the difficulty levels of getting back. There have been occasion when I have started writing the blog but not finished and have given it up halfway. This not only applies to my Blog post but inevitably any task that I postpone towards completion beyond a reasonable time frame, be it my personal finances or my learning needs.


This to me is a universal rule of nature. How does this play out in organisations. Somewhere the challenge that I see in the choice between a perfect system/decision and a movement albeit with some imperfections.


I am a great believer in the second choice since movement with imperfections keeps the ball rolling and avoids the trap of nature. The skill is to know that whether these imperfections can be lived/managed with without the system going helter- skelter.

No comments: